Sunday, September 11, 2011

Support 9/11

"Despite everything, I still believe that people are good" - Anne Frank
I can still remember where I was when the Twin Towers were struck that fateful day. My mother woke me up because I had worked late the night before. She was almost in tears and said tenderly, I think you should come watch this Mist. I got up and sat down with her for about 5 minutes when the 2nd plane struck. We held each other and I could feel the tears running down my face as I hugged my mother and she hugged me. I don't think that haunted feeling will ever leave my heart. Yet, despite this tragic event we bonded as a country, Americans, not race boundaries, not foreign, we were a country united. Even though we suffered a horrible loss of innocent lives that day, we will never forget what happened, so they will live in our memory and our hearts. I wish we could live in a world without pain and strife, put our differences aside. I will never give up my optimistic nature for cynicism and negativity. I do believe there is good in this world, you just have to search sometimes to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment